And make cake.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Pistachios
340 g all purpose flour
65 g unsweetened cocoa powder
6 g baking soda
6 g salt
8 g powdered ginger
375 g sugar
110 g butter, room temperature
105 g vegetable oil
5 g vanilla extract
110 g buttermilk
275 g grated peeled zucchini (don't use the seedy center because bleh. Also you could leave the peel on but why?)
175 g coarsely chopped dark chocolate (I used a 54%)
75 g pistachios, unsalted
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 13x9x2" pan with parchment and spray lightly with pan spray.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and ginger.
3. Cream butter, sugar and oil together. The key to this is to have everything at room temperature, so it mixes together smoothly.
4. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping the bowl between each addition, and then add the vanilla.
5. Alternate adding in the dry ingredients and the buttermilk to the butter/sugar mix. Mix it just enough to combine. Fold in the zucchini.
6. Smooth the batter into the pan. Sprinkle the chocolate chunks and pistachios on top.
7. Bake until tester comes out clean, about 45 minutes. You probably should wait until it is cool to eat it, but who am I to judge, since I didn't.
Why pistachios and ginger? Because I like them with chocolate. You could probably use some other nut, or leave out the ginger. But the chocolate chunks really are better than chips, so don't change that part, ok?